VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: VA#MINUSTAH-032-2012
POSITION TITLE: Information Technology Assistant (GL-4) / two (02) positions
ORGANIZATIONAL UNIT: Communications and Information Technology Section
LOCATION: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: 13/08/2012
DATE OF ISSUANCE: 30/07/2012
Personnel Section invites all qualified national candidates to apply for the announced positions. All interested candidates should submit their applications (Personal History Form- P11) as well as their latest performance report (i.e. special report) to Recruitment Unit/Personnel Section (email: email@example.com).
Under the general guidance and direct supervision of the CITS Supervisor Help Desk Unit and Chief Information Technology Unit, the incumbent shall be responsible for the duties as follow:
• Receive and log problem calls or service requests in the automated tracking system with minimum delay.
• Create and assign service requests in accordance with established procedure;
• Attempt to resolve as many problem calls or service requests on initial contact;
• Diagnose and resolve any hardware, software, or connectivity problem with minimum delay;
• Assist in monitoring personal computers running the UN software delivery system to ensure that software distributions are being delivered correctly.
• Perform first and/or second level desktop troubleshooting, if the problem persists, escalate to higher level in accordance with procedures.
• Provide basic training to end-users on the use of standard systems;
• Log all actions in the automated tracking system, including site survey information, steps taken to resolve problem or to complete task, problems encountered, current status, etc.
• Detect problem patterns and recommend solutions;
• Perform tasks related to scheduled service requests, including equipment replacement, equipment repair; equipment installation/de-installation, software installation, LAN connection, returns to stock, site surveys, etc.;
• Assist in responding to requests from user offices and assist in deploying/configuring systems so as to conform to infrastructure standards.
• Keep abreast of developments in technology both in the UN and in the industry in general;
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Professionalism – Good technical skills, demonstrated ability to apply good judgment in the context of assignment given.
• Communications – Good communications (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information.
• Technical Awareness – Good technical knowledge of hardware and software of IT infrastructure, servers, desktops, laptops, printers.
• Teamwork – Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with respect of diversity.
• Education – Completion of secondary education, course/technical certificate in IT or related field.
• Experience – Minimum four (4) years of relevant experience in the IT field.
• Languages – Fluency in English.
• Other skills – Valid driving licence.